Comment on page
Building from the Source Code
Building the sample app provided in the ARwayKit SDK
To build the sample app directly from the source code (.zip) provided in the release, follow the below steps.
In the instructions below, we will be using the provided .zip source code to create a new app. If you already have an existing Unity app to which you wish to add the package, please refer to the instructions provided in the link below.
- 1.From the ARway Creator Portal, go to "For Developers -> Create a New App -> Enter App Name".
- 2.Copy your Account ID and SecretKey for that App.
The "For Developers" page of the Creator Portal
- 1.Download the .zip file source code for the latest release
- 2.Open the project using Unity Editor Version 2021.3.17f1 (LTS).
If Unity prompts you to enter "Safe Mode" you can click the "Ignore" button. These errors will be resolved in the next steps.
- 1.In the Project Window, go to "Assets -> ARwayKitSDK -> Resource-> ARWayKitConfig " and add your credentials for the Account ID and Secret Key.
- 1."File -> Build Settings -> Build -> Select iOS/Android"
- 1.Navigate to "Window -> Asset Management -> Addressable -> Groups".
- 2.In the Addressables Groups window, click on "Build -> New Build -> Default Build Script".
When making any changes that affect localization strings, you will need to update the Addressables Groups.
- 1.In Unity select "File -> Build Settings -> Build -> Select iOS/Android -> Build and Run" to run the app.
- Make sure the Dashboard and ARMapSession scenes are selected.
After successfully building the app on your device, you can scan QR codes that you created for your ARway maps in the Creator Portal.
ARway SDK Dashboard