Introduction to using ARwayKit SDK with Android Kotlin
Android Kotlin is a programming language that enables developers to build native Android apps using the Kotlin programming language. Kotlin is a modern language that offers concise syntax and a range of powerful features that make it easier to build high-performance, feature-rich Android apps.
- Conciseness and Readability: Kotlin is designed to be more concise and readable than Java, which makes it easier to write and maintain code. It also has better support for null safety, which helps to reduce errors in the code.
- Interoperability: Kotlin can be used alongside Java code in Android applications, which allows developers to use Kotlin where it makes sense without having to rewrite everything in a new language. Kotlin also supports many of the same libraries and tools as Java.
- Coroutines: Kotlin's coroutines allow for asynchronous programming in a simpler and more intuitive way than traditional callback-based approaches. They provide better control over concurrency and allow for more efficient use of resources.
Using ARwayKit with Android Kotlin allows developers to integrate ARwayKit into their existing Android apps, without having to rebuild the app from the ground up in Unity. This saves time and effort, and enables developers to leverage the power of ARwayKit to create engaging, interactive AR experiences for their users.
- Android Kotlin: Your new/existing project used for the integration with ARwayKit Unity SDK.
- ARway Maps Studio: A one-stop place for creating and editing maps, adding floor plans for navigation along with overlaying 3D assets, waypoints, destinations, text, and pictures over it.
- ARwayKit SDK: Our Unity SDK for linking the AR experiences created here and adding them to the Android application as a page/scene.