Comment on page
What is Deep Linking?
Deep linking is a mechanism that allows users to open specific content or scenes within an app directly from an external source, such as a QR code. In the context of ARway and Unity, deep linking enables users to launch the ARMapSession scene within the ARway app by simply scanning a QR code with their mobile device.
Deep linking relies on specific file formats and configurations to function correctly on different mobile platforms:
- The file contains information about the allowed app IDs and the paths they can handle.
- When a user clicks on a deep link, iOS checks the
apple-app-site-associationfile on the corresponding domain to determine if the app is registered to handle the link. If it is, the app is opened, and the specific content or feature associated with the deep link is displayed.
- The file specifies the relationship between the web domain and the app, along with the app's package name and fingerprint of the signing key.
- When a user clicks on a deep link, Android checks the
assetlinks.jsonfile on the corresponding domain to verify the app's association. If validated, the app is launched, and the user is taken to the relevant content or functionality.
- Enhanced User Experience: Deep linking improves the user experience by enabling seamless transitions between apps and providing direct access to desired content.
- Increased App Engagement: By directing users to specific content or features, deep linking encourages higher app engagement and reduces the chances of user drop-offs.